Network Paket Broker - Inline
Selective Aggregation. This allows you to direct traffic from specific network ports to single or multiple monitoring ports. It is similar to having the capabilities of several aggregation TAPs on one network packet broker.Network Access and Monitoring appliances, what the market now christened Network Packet Brokers (NPBs), aggregate network traffic from switch SPAN ports or network TAPs and then manipulate or copy that traffic to enable the more efficient use of security and performance tools – inline and/or passive. In short, they make existing security and performance tools work better, enabling to get more out of their investments and lengthen the lifecycle of these tools.
Networks are becoming ever more complex and network speeds are increasing. Organizations are ramping network speeds up to 10Gbps and higher, but have already invested significantly in security and monitoring tools that only work at 1Gbps or have lower throughput. NPB as their load balancing capabilities provide for even distribution of packets from a high-speed links to less expensive or already existing tools designed for lower throughput.
IT departments currently deploying multiple network tools per link or group of links in a network running applications such as security, compliance, analytics and performance management. Each tool installed creates additional latency and risk in network. To avoid this, NPBs are utilized to enable tools to have visibility into network links without the risk of availability degradation or failures.
Someof the benefits
- Network Intelligence Optimization. Using network packet brokers, you can add a network intelligence optimization layer, which will allow your network to become fast and efficient. The network packet brokers in this layer mediate between you Network and tools.
- Centralized Administration. Leading vendors for network packet brokers provide a unified management console that is often web-based for users. This will allow you to monitor, manage, and report on the performance of your network packet brokers, either individually or in groups, across your entire company from one centralized area. Some of the vendors have implemented access rules to match company compliance rules.
- Fault Tolerance. Great network packet brokers will feature fault-tolerance capabilities, which will help keep undesirable network downtime at a minimum.Power-Loss Packet-Flow Policies. You can determine whether your network packet broker device should fail open or closed depending on the desired outcome following power loss. Link-state Mirroring Capabilities. Network packet brokers prevent situations known as asymmetric routing, ensuring that traffic can be rerouted in case of a power loss.
- Traffic Grooming. With traffic grooming capabilities, the network packet brokers will only route relevant traffic to the tools connected. This will ensure that each tool stay reliable, efficient, and effective.
- Packet Optimization. Modify captured packets and make network security and other performance tools efficient and effective with functions such as time-and-port stamping, packet de-duplication, conditional packet slicing/masking, packet fragment and assembly, Header maniplation etc.
- Hardware-Based Packet Filtering. Use the hardware included within network packet brokers to filter packets based on your criteria. Drop unwanted packets with a negative filter and extract desired packets with a positive filter.
- Perform these functions at speed of up to 100Gbps and eliminate the need for other monitoring tools.
- Aggregation of monitored traffic from multiple links/segments
- Filtering and grooming of traffic to relieve overburdened monitoring tools
- Load-balancing traffic across a pool of tools
- Regeneration of traffic to multiple tools
- Customizable heartbeat (HB) support to detect and automatically recover from monitoring and security tool failures
- Full-Rate Intelligent Packet Processing and Modification
- Ensures deep packet inspection to optimize investments in infrastructure by classifying traffic in real time
- SSL/TLS Decryption Support
- Data masking to protect sensitive data such as credit cards and personally identifiable information (PII)